2019 SEASON SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
The Duck Creek Farm Historic Site is an 18th century homestead including a farmhouse occupied by the Edwards family, members of the original settlers of the Maidstone Colony, now known as East Hampton. The property was purchased by the Town of East Hampton with Community Preservation Funds in 2006. Its restoration and adaptation as a not-for-profit community arts center was spearheaded by a group of local residents, who now manage the property and its programming as a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit corporation called The Arts Center at Duck Creek.
The mission of the Arts Center at Duck Creek is to perpetuate the goals and the spirit of artist John Little. Much of our programming will take place in the 19th Century Gardiner Barn, which Little purchased in 1948, moved to the property and converted into an art studio. Dedicated to bringing contemporary art and artists to the East End, John Little made the barn available as meeting place for local artists and guest quarters for those visiting. In 1957, Little continued to nurture the local art community by founding the Signa Gallery with partners Elizabeth Parker and Alfonse Ossorio, which operated on Newtown Lane until 1960.
The Arts Center at Duck Creek seeks to continue John Little’s legacy as well as the pioneering spirit of our Town's founders, by bringing contemporary programming in the visual, literary and performing arts to the John Little Barn and the grounds at Duck Creek Farm for the benefit of the East Hampton community.
Programs at the Arts Center at Duck Creek take place seasonally, between May 1 - October 31. Hours vary based on programs. Please check our current exhibitions and event pages for details.
Programming at The Arts Center at Duck Creek is made possible through the generous support of The Willem de Kooning Foundation, and The HILO Foundation.